If you ever start a sentence with, “The Church needs to…” then a Synod Small Group is for you!
ARCHBISHOP HEBDA IS ASKING ALL PARISHES TO PARTICIPATE, TO DISCUSS, TO PROVIDE INPUT ON TOPICS SUCH AS:
- What can we do to make parishes more welcoming and accessible?
- How can we offer meaningful life-long formation for discipleship?
- How can we better assist parents in forming children as disciples who know and love Jesus and his Church?
THESE SMALL GROUPS ARE CRITICAL TO THE PROCESS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION ABOUT THE BEST WAYS FOR THE LOCAL CATHOLIC CHURCH TO FORM:
- Parishes that are in the service of evangelization;
- Missionary disciples who know Jesus’s love and respond to his call; and
- Youth and young adults in and for a Church that is always young.
Join us in the fall – beginning Sept 19th
We are also a parish in transition— Let us look forward together, share what is important to us and make a difference in our faith community!
Three way to participate
- PARTICIPANT – Attend 6 weekly, 2-hour sessions including a video presentation; participate in group discussions with 6-8 people.
- FACILITATOR – Attend one training session in Jul/Aug with tips to help guide the small group discussions; attend the discussion sessions; facilitate as needed to focus on the topic areas.
- SCRIBE – Attend one training session in Jul/Aug to understand how to document discussion input to be submitted to the Archdiocese; attend discussion sessions; take notes for the small group.
Click the following link to fill in the online interest and registration form
Or: Complete the interest form in the Church pews and hand in to the collection basket.
Click the link below to a summary by the Archdiocese of the Synod Process