Guardian Angels is collecting homemade masks and other medical supplies from the community and will bring them to drop off locations for hospitals. Please drop off masks in the parish office entrance, 215 West 2nd Street, Chaska. Dropping off supplies is allowed during the Stay-at-Home order, according to the Carver County sheriff’s office.
Alternatively, you can call the parish office at 952-227-4000 and leave a message with your name and address and a volunteer will schedule to pick up the masks/supplies from your house.
Guardian Angels is also collecting 100%-cotton fabric needed to create homemade masks. If anyone would like to sew masks but does not have access to fabric, please call Guardian Angels and leave a message requesting fabric, and a volunteer will deliver it to your doorstep.
Accepting the following medical supplies:
- Gowns (disposable)
- Surgical and clinical masks (Including homemade ones)
- N95 respirators
- Face shields
- Powered air-purifying respirators
- Thermometers (tympanic preferred, oral cap covers, infrared)
- Oxivir (disinfectant)
- Cleaning wipes with bleach (i.e. Clorox)
- Hand sanitizer swabs (Dacron, Rayon, Nylon)
- Viral Culture Media
- Hair covers
- Shoe booties
- Expired items will also be accepted if unopened and unused
Here is a link to post about how to create the masks: